- What information we collect
- How we collect personal information
- What we do with your personal information
- How your personal information is protected and stored
- When we disclose your personal information
- How to contact us
With effect from 21st December 2001 Electrolux has been bound by new provisions under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 which set out new principles relating to the protection of your personal information.
What information we collect
Generally, the personal information we collect and store consists of your name, address, gender and contact details. It is possible that where a specific product or service is involved, we may collect personal information from you that relates to that particular product, service or warranty repair.
The information that we collect from you when you interact with us online depends on the tasks you complete on the Site. You further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Electrolux, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of the use of this Site.
(i) Browsing this website
When you visit and browse through this Site we collect personal information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to evaluate the performance of this website. Such general information includes: -
- the number of users visiting this website and the number of pages viewed
- the date, time and duration of visits; and
- the path taken through this website
This information will not identify you and we will not combine it with any information in a manner whereby we can identify you.
(ii) Applying for a product or service information online or using Contact Us
We need to obtain personal information from you in order to complete your online application for product or service information. When completing Product Registration or requesting other product or service information or when using contact us you will need to complete an online form on this Site. Our online forms will ask you to provide personal information for contact purposes, for example, your own address, e-mail address, telephone number and purchase information. You will have the right to choose whether or not to provide additional personal information. Any personal information we collect from you will only be used for the purposes for which the personal information has been collected.
You can contact us by e-mail via the link on this Site. You have the choice whether or not to provide personal information other than your e-mail address. Any information provided to us via e-mail will be used only for the purposes outlined, for example for answering your inquiry, checking on your satisfaction with the service or for providing information about Electrolux products and services.
How we collect personal information
Electrolux collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you such as when you enter your personal details on our websites (for example during registration) when you provide information via fax or over the telephone or in documents such as warranty registration forms;
- from third parties such as our related companies, contractors and agents
- from sources of information which are available to the public
- from our own records relating to the service and repair of your Electrolux products
- from our other websites
Any information which is not capable of identifying you, such as the number of users visiting this Site, is collected through code embedded in the pages of this Site. You are unable to disable the code on these pages.
Electrolux also gathers information from our websites or other websites. This information is put together for reporting purposes. Any characteristics which are capable of personally identifying the user are removed. The information is gathered in order to enable us to examine Internet trends and demographics and to assist in improving the structure and ease of use of our websites.
What we do with your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- identify you and to assist you in your use of our products, services and website services
- provide the services and information relating to Electrolux and its products that you require
- administer and manage the services we provide
- gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems
It is also possible that from time to time Electrolux will use your personal information to promote to you other services and products which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any such marketing or promotional material please advise us of this by way of the "opt-in" mechanism on either of our contact us, Survey Forms or Product Registration pages, whichever is appropriate. You may also notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by using the contact us page to enter this request in the "Comments" section provided, or contact us at the address given below.
How your personal information is protected and stored
Electrolux takes great care to protect your privacy. Any information provided to us on this website is securely protected. Electrolux uses Secure Sockets Layer protocols, the strongest form of encryption. The use of these protocols makes it extremely difficult for anybody else to have sight of your information.
Where we transfer information from our servers to our mainframe computers we use our best endeavours to ensure that this is done securely. Access to our mainframe computers is protected by a number of firewall security systems to prevent unauthorised access. In addition this website carries an Internet Detection System to monitor potential privacy and security threats.
Any information stored in documents or on Electrolux systems is protected from unauthorised access by the use of a number of security procedures including user passwords. All of our personnel are trained in the use of all of our security procedures and to handle personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
When we disclose your personal information
Electrolux may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of the Electrolux Group. These disclosures are made subject to suitable protection for privacy and confidentiality being in place.
The organisations to whom we would usually disclose your information are: -
- third party organisations who have been retained by Electrolux to assist us in providing services to you including:-
- delivery, installation, maintenance and repair
- market research
- marketing and/or telemarketing
- our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers
- government, regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law; and
- our related companies and product partners
Electrolux takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect, disclose and use is as up to date as possible. It is important that you advise us of any changes to your personal information or if there are any errors in the personal information we are holding about you.
Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, everyone who has provided personal information has the right to access that personal information. For security reasons you will be required to put any request for access to your personal information into writing. You may obtain access to your own personal information by contacting us via the contact us page or at the address below. Electrolux will make a charge of $25 for the retrieval of personal information in order to cover our administration costs. You should also contact us if you wish to modify any of your personal information.