Freezing/Frost or ice forming
- Frost and ice forming in freezer bags
- Air in freezer bags. Remove air from bags.
- Items in chiller compartment freezing
- Chiller compartment too cold. Adjust chiller compartment temperature control.
- Ice build up at front of freezer
- Freezer door not completely closed. Make sure freezer door is firmly closed.
- Freezing food in food compartment
- Is food stored near the cooling air outlet? Move items away from the outlet vent.
- Frost on the evaporator cover
- Normal operation. If frost becomes ice call service.
- Ice build up covering rear wall of freezer
- Not defrosting. Refrigerator may have faulty timer heater or termination thermostat. Call service.
- Frost forming on the liner
- Suspect wet insulation. Workshop repairs required to remove wet insulation.
- Uncovered food drying out
- This is due to the movement of cold air over the food. Food in the refrigerator should always be covered to prevent this.
- Water on refrigerator floor or under crispers
- In very high humidity this is normal. Dry with a cloth.
- Water on crisper cover or under crispers or running out of the front of the refrigerator
- Spillage. Wipe clean.
- Water on refrigerator floor
- Spilt liquid. Check food and drink in refrigerator.
Blocked drain or water running down the back of the food compartment liner. Check drain trough in food compartment. Carefully clean with warm soapy water.
- Water under refrigerator
- Very high humidity can cause water / condensation to appear on the outside of the refrigerator. This is normal under these conditions.
Excessive frost due to poor door seal. Improve seal by cleaning or if seal damaged call 13 13 49 for service.
Problem With Installation
- Doors out of alignment
- Cabinet not level. Adjust front rollers.
Problem With Operation
- Freezer door opens when food compartment door is closed
- Air pressure forced through air ducts. Normal operation. *Note cabinet should be levelled so door will close - cabinet should be adjusted with slight slope to the back so door closes.
- Door / seal sticking when opening refrigerator
- Clean door seal and refrigerator / freezer contact surfaces.
- Water tastes poor
- Dirty water filter. Replace filter. Refer to User Manual.
- Food in the refrigerator is freezing
- Food stored in front of cooling air outlet? Move food away from the air outlet
- Ice dispenser jammed
- Ice cubes are jammed between the ice maker arm and the back off the bin. Remove ice cubes that are jamming the dispenser.
- Ice or water will not dispense
- Ice has melted and / or has frozen together due to infrequent use or temperature fluctuations / power failures. Remove ice storage bin and defrost contents. Clean bin, wipe dry and replace in proper position.
Refrigerator new and /or recently switched on. Allow time for water to freeze and drop into bin before dispenser will operate.
Freezer temperature is set to warm. Turn freezer control to a colder setting. Allow time for water to freeze and drop into bin before dispenser will operate.
Water is not on. Turn water on and allow time for water to freeze and drop into bin before dispenser will operate.
Refrigerator or freezer door not closed properly. Make sure both doors are closed.
- Butter too hard or too soft
- Incorrect butter conditioner switch setting (if applicable). adjust butter conditioner switch.
Butter not in correct location. store butter in the dairy compartment in the refrigerator door.
- Not cold enough in food compartment
- Incorrect setting. Turn controls to a colder setting and allow 24Hrs to stabilise.
- Not cold enough in freezer compartment
- Incorrect setting. Turn controls to a colder setting and allow 24Hrs to stabilise.
- Fan switch not operating
- Is there power to the power socket? Check that plug is firmly in place and power is switched on. Plug in a lamp or another small appliance that you know that works into the power socket. Check fuses.
- Freezer fan not operating
- It is normal for the freezer fan not to operate during the automatic defrost cycle or for a short period of time when the freezer is initially switched on.
- Ice cubes not separating
- Lack of use. Use the ice cube dispenser often so that ice cubes do not freeze together.
- No light
- Light bulb is not working. Turn off power and replace light bulb.
Light switch not working. Check door operated light switch plunger is not jammed.
- Refrigerator not working
- No electricity at power point. Plug in lamp or another small appliance to test the power point. Check Fuses.
Check plug is firmly pushed into power point and check power is switched on.
- New refrigerator running too long
- Normal operation when first turned on. Allow 24 hours for normal run pattern.
- Doors not closing
- Not enough backwards lean on refrigerator. Raise front of cabinet to lean cabinet backwards by adjusting front rollers.
Doors held open by item in refrigerator. Rearrange food Items in doors and / or refrigerator.
- Not enough ice
- Not enough water coming into ice tray. Consult user manual. Otherwise please call the service department on 13 13 49.
- Filter blocked
- Replace filter. Refer to user manual (frequency of replacement of filters).
- Not cold enough in freezer compartment and / or refrigerator compartment
- emperature control knob incorrectly set for weather conditions. Check and adjust control settings and allow 24Hrs to stabilise.
Not enough breathing space around refrigerator. Place the refrigerator with air gaps / spaces of; between 50mm & 75mm at the rear - at least 30mm on each side - the top if fully enclosed at least 90mm or if cupboard has a vent up the back at least 50mm.
- Cooling is poor
- The refrigerator is placed too close to a wall & / or cupboards. Place the refrigerator with air gaps / spaces of; between 50mm & 75mm at the rear - at least 30mm on each side - the top if fully enclosed at least 90mm or if cupboard has a vent up the back at least 50mm.
The refrigerator is placed too close to an oven or cooktop or direct sun. Place the refrigerator away from these heat sources.
When refrigerating cooked food, allow the food to cool to ambient temperature before placing it in the refrigerator.
Opening the refrigerator door too often, or the door is not closing correctly. Try not to have the door open too long and ensure it closes firmly.
Ice tastes poorThe refrigerator is placed too close to a wall & / or cupboards. Place the refrigerator with air gaps / spaces of; between 50mm & 75mm at the rear - at least 30mm on each side - the top if fully enclosed at least 90mm or if cupboard has a vent up the back at least 50mm.
- Odours inside refrigerator
- Smells from food in refrigerator or freezer. Clean refrigerator with baking soda mixed with water or vanilla essence.
- Odours outside refrigerator
- Stagnant water in drain pan at rear of cabinet. Clean drain pan.
- Clutch failure. Machine has failed to start to agitate. Press the start / pause button to see if machine will restart. If unsuccessful, requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- Motor temperature sensor failure. Motor overheated. Wait 10 minutes to see if problem goes away. If not contact service on 13 13 49.
- Motor speed (position) sensor failure. The motor cannot run. Advance to SPIN and press start / pause to drain water from bowl. Contact service on 13 13 49.
- Internal PC board failure. Requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- PC board communications failure. Requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- Drip dry has been selected instead of spin. Select spin speed and close lid.
- Machine has been programmed for delay start. If Delay start not required press start / pause button to cancel.
- Water temperature sensor failure. Requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- EEPROM failure. The machine is not operational and requires a service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- Flooding fault. If there is water pouring into the bowl, turn off wall taps and turn off the machine. Requires service call - phone 13 13 49. If no water coming into machine wait for this fault to self-clear.
- Not an error. This means cycle has completed.
- Lid not closed. If Closed problem with lid switch circuit. Requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- Unexpected water loss. If water is pouring onto the floor advance to spin and press START/PAUSE. May require service. Phone 13 13 49.
- Off balance load. Rebalance load.
- Pressure sensor failure. Level sensor fault. Advance to SPIN and press start / pause to drain water from bowl. If required phone service on 13 13 49.
- Draining problem. Pump blocked or failed. Requires service call. Phone 13 13 49.
- PC board has detected the spin bowl is not spinning fast enough. Could be possible suds lock. Try to start cycle with no clothes and allow machine to complete cycle to flush and disperse suds. Please reduce amount of detergent used.
- Suds lock. Start cycle with no clothes and allow machine to complete cycle to flush and disperse suds. In the future try to reduce detergent amounts.
- Machine in soak Mode. Press soak button repeatedly till 00 is displayed.
- Machine in pause mode. Press start / pause to resume.
- Motor has overheated. Maybe suds locking due to using too much detergent. Reduce amount of detergent. The motor may cool down and the fault will self clear. If the fault does not self clear and there is water in the bowl the machine can be advanced to spin to operate pump and empty bowl. Service call required. Phone 13 13 49.