With effect from 21st December 2001 Electrolux has been bound by new provisions under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 which set out new principles relating to the protection of your personal information.
What Information We Collect
Generally, the personal information we collect and store consists of your name, address and contact details. It is possible that where a specific product or service is involved, we may collect personal information from you that relates to that particular product, service or warranty repair.
The information that we collect from you when you interact with us online depends on the tasks you complete on the Site. From time to time, you may be able to interact with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the products or services that you want or to respond to your inquiry.
(I) Browsing This Website
When you visit and browse through this Site, we collect data for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to evaluate the performance of this Site. Such general information includes: -
- the number of users visiting this Site and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of visits; and
- the path taken through this website
This information will not identify you and we will not combine it with any information in a manner whereby we can identify you.
(II) Applying for Product or Service Information Online or Using Contact Us
We need to obtain personal information from you in order to complete your online application for product or service information. When completing Product Registration or requesting other product or service information or when using contact us you will need to complete an online form on this Site. Our online forms will ask you to provide personal information for contact purposes, for example, your own address, e-mail address, telephone number and purchase information. You will have the right to choose whether or not to provide additional personal information
You can contact us by e-mail via the link on this Site. You have the choice whether or not to provide personal information other than your e-mail address. Any information provided to us via e-mail will be used only for the purposes outlined, for example, for answering your inquiry, checking on your satisfaction with the product or service or for providing information about Electrolux products and services.
How We Collect Personal Information
Electrolux collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you request information concerning a product of interest to you, make other enquiries or place an order for our products or services;
- when you attend an event, enter a competition or participate in a promotion;
- when you register your purchase(s) so you can receive all the benefits to which your purchase(s) entitle you;
- when you enter your personal details on our websites (for example when you sign up to receive our newsletters), when you provide information via fax or over the telephone or in documents such as warranty registration forms;
- when you provide feedback on our products or services;
- when you engage with us by social media, such as by posting on our Facebook page;
- from third parties such as our related companies, contractors and agents;
- from sources of information which are available to the public;
- from our own records relating to the service and repair of your Electrolux products; and
- from our other websites.
Any information which is not capable of identifying you, such as the number of users visiting this Site, is collected through code embedded in the pages of this Site. You are unable to disable the code on these pages.
Electrolux also gathers information from our websites or other websites. This information is put together for reporting purposes. Any characteristics which are capable of personally identifying the user are removed. The information is gathered in order to enable us to examine Internet trends and demographics, to conduct market and statistical research, to help us to develop better products, to get to know our consumers better and to assist in improving the structure and ease of use of our websites.
How Your Personal Information is Stored
Electrolux takes great care to protect your privacy. Any information provided to us on this Site is securely protected. Electrolux uses Secure Sockets Layer protocols, the strongest form of encryption. The use of these protocols makes it extremely difficult for anybody else to have sight of your information.
Where we transfer information from our servers to our mainframe computers, we use our best endeavours to ensure that this is done securely. Access to our mainframe computers is protected by a number of firewall security systems to prevent unauthorised access. In addition, this Site carries an Internet Detection System to monitor potential privacy and security threats.
Any information stored in documents or on Electrolux systems is protected from unauthorised access by the use of a number of security procedures including user passwords. All of our personnel are trained in the use of all of our security procedures and to handle personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet is never completely secure, and while we aim to use our best efforts to secure and protect the information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is provided or transmitted to us by you. Any such provision of information is at your own risk.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
Electrolux may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of the Electrolux Group. These disclosures are made subject to suitable protection for privacy and confidentiality being in place. The organisations to which we would usually disclose your information include:
- third party organisations who have been retained by Electrolux to assist us in providing services to you including delivery, installation, maintenance and repair;
- market research, marketing and/or telemarketing service providers;
- our professional advisers, for example, our auditors and lawyers, as well as our insurers;
- government, regulatory or other organisations to whom we are required to disclose your personal information by law; and
- our related companies and product partners where we have received a product complaint or claim, for example, to our contract manufacturers, logistic service providers or other third parties in the supply chain, who may be located overseas, depending on where the relevant product or part was manufactured.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas members of the Electrolux Group, who may communicate with you about our products or special offers.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Electrolux takes reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect, disclose and use is as up to date as possible. However, it is important that you advise us of any changes to your personal information or if there are any errors in the personal information we hold about you.
Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, everyone who has provided personal information has the right to access that personal information. For security reasons you will be required to put any request for access to your personal information into writing. You may obtain access to your own personal information by contacting us via the Contact us page or at the address below. Electrolux may charge you a $25 fee for the retrieval of your personal information in order to cover our reasonable administration costs. You should also contact us if you wish to modify any of your personal information.
How You May Make A Privacy-Related Complaint
If you have any concerns about our handling or treatment of your personal information or if you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by writing to our Privacy Manager at the address below setting out the nature of your complaint. We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint. If after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
What we do with your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- identify you and to assist you in your use of our products, services and website services;
- provide the services and information relating to Electrolux and its products that you require;
- administer and manage the services we provide;o gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs, including sending you personalised messages about special offers and invitations;
- research and develop our services; ando maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems.
It is also possible that, from time to time, Electrolux will use your personal information to promote to you other services and products which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any such marketing or promotional material, please advise us of this by way of the "opt-out" mechanism on either of our Contact Us, Survey Forms or Product Registration pages, whichever is appropriate. You may also notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by using the contact us page to enter this request in the "Comments" section provided, or contact us at the address given below.